Honda is pleased to announce that Android Auto™1 will become available2 for the Honda Gold Wing models manufactured and sold after 20183. Customers with Android smartphones can seamlessly enjoy the app's services, such as music, phone calls, and messaging. The software update is planned to be available from mid-June 2020.
Since then, the model family wearing the golden wing has been Honda's flagship, since the GOLDWING GL1000 went on sale in North America in 1975. In October 2017, the all-new Gold Wing became the world's first motorcycle4 to feature Apple CarPlay®5. Navigation functions and application-specific services to enhance the driving experience were welcomed by many customers.
Android Auto™ is a simple and safe way to use your phone on a motorcycle. Distractions have been minimized with a simplified interface and easy-to-use voice commands, so the rider can keep his eyes on the road. Android Auto™ makes it easy to access your favorite music, media and messaging apps while you're in use. With the help of Android Auto™ Google Assistant, the driver can easily stay in touch with his loved ones by phone, listen to his favorite music on the road, while keeping his hands on the steering wheel and only having to hear his voice.
Honda plans to offer even greater convenience to its customers worldwide, so Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto will be built into more models in the future.
For further information and details, please visit the following website:
1) Android Auto™ is a mobile application developed by Google LLC to support driving. Android Auto™ requires Android 5.0 or higher and the Android Auto™ app. If you want to use it with your Gold Wing motorcycle, you will need a Bluetooth® headset to connect, which can be purchased separately. The service provider may charge a separate fee for the application and for telephone calls and communications.
2) Certificate from Google LLC
3) Model manufactured after 2018: 2BL-SC79/SC79.
4) According to Honda's internal research (October 2017)
5) A Bluetooth® headset is required to use Apple CarPlay®, which can be purchased separately. The service provider may charge a separate fee for the application and for telephone calls and communications.
AndroidTM and Android AutoTM are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
Apple CarPlay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.